WordPress is the most recommended software application for beginners. This is because it is easy to understand and use for bloggers. With this application, one can design websites, beautify them and make their blogs attractive. Additionally, it is available for free. Never forget that to attract traffic you need to dedicate more time and work hard. Unless you provide people with readable and enjoyable content, no one will read your blogs. Blogs are the quickest means to grow your website and making money. Therefore, as bloggers you must do all you can to manage the blog and make it worth reading.
How to Use WordPress?
This ideal blogging platform is really easy to use for anyone. You don’t need to be a web designer to be able to use WordPress. There are simple steps in using WordPress for blogs.
- To begin using it, you must first download and install it on your PC. Then you can begin designing your website.
- You will need the perfect theme to work with your blog. There are many themes available on the internet. You can check in the resources section to find the theme that suits you best. Alternatively, you can design your theme by customizing existing theme templates.
- Always try to choose templates with widgets. These are tools that allow you to edit your web content using options. You can add, remove, move and do other things to items on your side bar. This makes it easy to explore and work with ease while customizing your web content.
- To increase your options with themes, you can install as many as you want. Simply upload the folder with themes to the directory. Then you can change themes once you log on through the administration panel and click on the Presentation option.
- Plugins increase options for functions you can use on the blog. WordPress has its own plugins but for more options, you can search for plugins. There are links available in the resources section.
- Once you get the plugins all you need to do is install and activate them. Upload the plugin files or folder to the appropriate directory. Then log in as administrator and click on plugins, and activate the links.
I’d like to conclude with a tip for beginners and experienced users of WordPress. Always use the upgraded version. Like all applications, latest versions of WordPress will be more resourceful and secure.