Wordpress 2.5.1 is now available for immediate download and install. Wordpress and iCast Limited highly recommends upgrading your install immediately due to the discovery of a serious security hole associated with open registration. The vulnerability will be published soon, so it is in your best interest to upgrade as soon as possible.
The full upgrade also has over 70 bug fixes! So a lot of the little buggy issues we have been dealing with have been fixed officially, including image upload problems in 2.5 associated with Internet Explorer (IE).
- Performance improvements for the Dashboard, Write Post, and Edit Comments pages.
- Better performance for those who have many categories
- Media Uploader fixes
- An upgrade to TinyMCE 3.0.7
- Widget Administration fixes
- Various usability improvements
- Layout fixes for IE