Generating traffic to your blog is something a lot of bloggers have trouble with. But if you use the traffic blueprint I have outlined below then you will have swarms of traffic hitting your site every time you write a new post.
Setting the Groundwork
Setting Up Backlinks
If you are not familiar with SEO then it is unlikely that you have come across the term “Backlinks” before but these are a vital part of your blogging success. In a nutshell backlinks are links on other sites that point back to your blog, or a specific blog post. The more backlinks your blog has the more valuable it is considered by Google and other search engines. So you need to set up a system to start generating backlinks as quickly as you can.
Warning: There are a lot of companies online that claim they can get you hundreds or even thousands of backlinks for the price of a cup of coffee – Do not use these methods. They are considered spam and can get your blog banned from Google permanently if you use these “Black Hat” methods.
Your pinging will already be creating backlinks for you but you can go a lot further with this. Just some of the methods you can use include
- Putting articles on article directory sites like Ezinearticles and GoArticles
- Putting up videos on YouTube and other video sites (TubeMogul is good for this)
- Creating audio files and placing them on sites like iTunes
- Blog commenting on other blogs in your niche
- Forum posting on relevant forums in your niche
- Posting an ebook of your content on free ebook sites like Free-ebooks.net
- Setting up related pages on Squidoo.com and HubPages
- RSS feeds
- Social Media sites like Twitter, Facebook and StumbleUpon
Now before you go thinking that this could be a lot of work, remember that you can outsource a lot of these tasks and as we will show you in the next blog post – a lot of these ideas come from recycling and repackaging content you have already created. See you on the next post.